Helping communities in a changing world
- Pittman, J., Pearce, T. and Ford, J. (2013). Adaptation to climate change and potash mining in Saskatchewan: Case study from the Qu’Appelle River Watershed. Ottawa, ON: Report submitted to Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Division, Natural Resources Canada, 19p.
- Duerden, F., Pearce, T., Ford, J., Pittman, J., Kinnear, L. and Perrin, A. (2014). Case studies of adaptation to climate change in the Yukon mining sector: From planning and operation to remediation and restoration. Ottawa, Ontario: Report submitted to Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Division, Natural Resources Canada, p.22.
- Smit B and Pearce T (2012) Public health issues related to food security and climate change in Canada. Public Health Agency of Canada. 62p.
- Pearce T, Ford J, Duerden F and Smith T (2009) Climate change vulnerability and adaptation in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR): A systematic literature review and gap analysis. Prepared for: Department of Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) Climate Change Adaptation Program. Guelph, Ontario, Canada: 144pp. ISBN: 978-0-9865908-2-5
- Pearce T, Ford J, Prno J and Duerden F (2009) Climate change impacts and adaptations in the Canadian mining sector. Prepared for: David Suzuki Foundation Climate Change Program. Guelph, Ontario, Canada: 159pp.
- Pearce T, Ford J, Caron A and Kudlak, BP (2012). Climate change adaptation planning in remote, resource-dependent communities: An Arctic example. Regional Environmental Change, 12: 63-81.
- Ford J, Bolton KC, Shirley J, Pearce T, Tremblay M and Westlake M. (2012). A literature review and gap analysis of human dimensions of climate change research in the eastern Canadian Arctic. Arctic, 65(3): 289-304.
- Ford J, Bolton K, Shirley J, Pearce T, Tremblay M and Westlake M. (2012). Mapping human dimensions of climate change research in the Canadian Arctic. Ambio, 41: 808-822.
- Pearce T, Ford J, Duerden F, Smit B, Andrachuk M, Berrang-Ford L and Smith T (2011) Advancing adaptation planning for climate change in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR): A review and critique. Regional Environmental Change, 11(1): 1-17.
- Pearce T, Ford J, Prno J, Duerden F, Pittman J, Beaumier M, Berrang-Ford L and Smit B (2011) Climate change and mining in Canada. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, 16(3): 347-368.
- Ford JD, Pearce T, Prno J, Duerden F, Berrang-Ford L, Smith T, Beaumier M (2011) Canary in a coal mine: perceptions of climate change risks and response options among Canadian mine operations. Climatic Change, 109(3-4): 399-415.
- Pearce T, Ford J, Laidler G, Smit B, Duerden F, Allarut M, Andrachuk M, Baryluk S, Dialla A, Elee P, Goose A, Ikummaq T, Inuktalik R, Joamie E, Kataoyak F, Loring E, Meakin S, Nickels S, Scott A, Shappa K, Shirley J and Wandel J (2009) Community research collaboration in the Canadian Arctic. Polar Research, 28: 10-27.
- Ford J, Pearce T, Prno J, Duerden F, Berrang Ford L, Beaumier M, Smith T and Marshall D (2010) Perceptions of climate change risks in primary resource use industries: A survey of the Canadian mining sector. Regional Environmental Change, 10: 65-81.
- Ford J, Pearce T, Duerden F, Prno J and Marshall D (2008) Climate change impacts on the Canadian mining sector. The Canadian Mining Journal. April 2008: 4pp.
- Pearce T, Prno J, Ford J, Duerden F and Marshall D (2008) Climate change and the Canadian mining sector: Risks and responses. Mining & Quarry World, Volume 5, issue 3, September 2008.
- Ford J and Pearce T (2007). Planning for climate change in the mining sector. The Canadian Mining Journal. April 2007: 5pp.
- Pearce T, Ford J and Smit B (2007) How is climate change affecting the north; and how is it changing the way business is done? Paper presented to the Canadian Institute’s Arctic Logistics for Energy and Mining Project Development, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 4-5 June 2007.
- Pearce T, Community of Ulukhaktok, Smit B, Ford J, Bradshaw B (2006) Assessing community vulnerability in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR). Report and oral presentation to the Beaufort Sea Strategic Regional Plan of Action (BSSTrPA) Planning Committee, Inuvik, NWT, March 28-30, 2006. Sub-Consultant Terriplan Consulting, Yellowknife, Canada.